Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Bring It On, 2012

I guess it is quite obvious by now to me and anyone with eyes that I am a horrible blogger...I just can't do the balance thing. I'm not consistent, I am way too busy, and it is not my first priority right now... Let's keep it at that.



This year, I am making a goal, NOT a resolution, to blog once every two weeks, and call it good. I know it sounds cheap, but that's really all I have time to think about promising for. I am a teenage student with a life. Need I explain further? :) And that brings me to talk about what I have been doing for the past two months. 

I had a perfectly magical Christmas, with family, good food, presents, giving, freezing weather, and all of that good stuff. Except for one thing. There was something essential missing in my Christmas this year, and it was devastating, I have to admit. I never saw it coming. 

First of all, let me explain something. I have been seeing a therapist for the past two months to help with all of my migraine and miscellaneous problems (which I will not go into right now for fear of boring people...I don't want a pity party, trust me..). And on my first appt., December 21st, she asked me to cut off my right arm. In other words,  I was ordered off of chocolate.  

Yes. It's true. And awful, and frightening, and terribly horrible.. For the first few days, I was feeling pretty starved, and deprived. I never knew how much chocolate I ate here and there. I never knew how much I was attached to it, addicted, even. But it wasn't just that I couldn't eat it. It was that it was EVERYWHERE!!!  No hot chocolate to warm you up, no candy from stockings, no chocolate-covered things, no truffles, no chocolate cake, no chocolate chips to snitch when mom is baking with them, no Oreos, and no fun. But the problem is, it's Christmas time, what do you expect?!?! It's lying around the house and taunting you from all corners of shadows...

Well, lets just say, I felt like a wild animal. I'm still not happy about it, and I continually find myself involuntarily reaching for a couple of chocolate chips, and at the last second before I pop them into my mouth, I remember. And my disappointment is deep and depressing..But I guess I has been good for me in a way. At least I didn't gain any weight from Christmas... 

Other things that I have been doing these days? Siskiyou Violins, fundraising, meeting people who will donate to us so we can make it to Carnegie Hall. We have had like 7 concerts in the past two months and I have to say, they are getting boring and redundant. But I endure them faithfully, and continue to practice during the times when I am forced to because I haven't in so long that I begin to feel guilty. 

...Otherwise known as, every two weeks basically. Ha...It sounds so bad...but honestly, I can't even hardly find time to shower these days. Not even kidding. And besides, I do have Chamber Orchestra that I wake up at 6:15 a.m. for every morning, and I play for an hour then. I'm sure that helps. I hope. 

Also, for Christmas, my dad got each of us a gym membership, and it's actually a lot of fun. We have been going at least twice a week and I always come home refreshed and ready to sleep. Plus I get to spend time with my family, and that's always a good thing.  

I suppose that's all I have time for now, but hopefully I'll be able to continue to consistently post and keep some part of my life in balance. I try every day to improve..Who knows how long it'll be before I can be sane again. Until then, I've got birthdays, concerts, finals, and a 5-day weekend to look forward to! :)



2 comments:

  1. YAY Missy! :) Way to go! I love you! :)
    two weeks is plenty for you! Don't beat yourself up too much! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a Public Announcement. Do you own a cow? Have you ever made contact with a cow? If so, please visit this site: http://asianlovesrice.blogspot.com/ for more details of how you can suppress this epidemic.

    Love you Missy (:

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete