Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving & Surprises!

Well!! What a week.
Plus, I am now officially 16!!!! I'm still not even sure how I feel about it. I'm glad to be a year older, but the endless teasing about dating and the looks I'm getting from guys lately have been making me nervous. But enough about that.

My birthday was amazing, and my friends made it even better. It involved large amounts of food, courtesy of Parks & Recreation, as I like to call my best friend, Christine Parks. She made me a pumpkin pie (how original, right? She doesn't like cake, sooo it had to be something she liked too..lol. I love her), a Peanut butter nutella sandwich (mmmmmm yummy yummy yummy!), and got me some hot chocolate to help me survive AP U.S. History, where we got to write our first DBQ. Fun...

And my other friends helped too, Anna and Meg, Maren, Adde, Jenna... after the best school day I have had in a long time, the evening was so much better. I didn't want to call it a party...it was just a really legit hang-out session with food and my bestest friends. We were pretty much delirious. I'll eventually upload some...silly pictures :)

Well I really just want to tell you. I can't hold back anymore. Guess who came home unexpectedly for Thanksgiving?!?!?!?!? My one and only favorite sister!!!!!! Unbelievable!!! I was sooo happy. She's so tricky.. she told us she would be at Grandpa's house for the holiday! Guess not. She just missed us too much. I'm so happy she's home. I can't even describe it. I have been so sad and lonely without my sunshine-y sister. Well..this evening has been quite joyful, as you might imagine. :)

We are, at this moment, bonding as we sit at the island in the home-y family room, typing on our laptops, side by side, listening to happy music, and blogging. I couldn't be more content at this moment. And suddenly, I'm so grateful for my life. I love my siblings so much (especially my dorky brothers) and my parents. My friends, my family, music, freedom, and the gospel. These are the things that are most important to me. I hope I never take them for granted, because I have so much to be thankful for.

Happy Thanksgiving Season, everyone! I hope you love your family as much as I do, and have an amazing turkey day! :)

1 comment: