Holy moly there has been so much going on!
Friday was mid-quarter, which was rather exhausting. My great-grandma Clara Krebs died on Thursday, May 5. I think it's actually the first death I've had in my life where I was actually relatively close to the person because my mom kept us all connected so well. But, at the same time, I'm finding it hard to be sad lately, and death hardly makes an exception. I kind of like it, and besides, now my grandma is in a place so much better, especially released from all of the pain she was in, so it's okay. I won't let it keep me from being happy!
Anyway, so my whole family (excluding myself and my dad) is going to the funeral in Utah. This means a 12 hour drive through the desert, a week of family and a funeral for them, a TON of laundry before they leave, and a LOT of planning!
I can't believe I'm going to be the only one home for the whole week because my dad will be at work most of the day. It's going to be very quiet, and most likely boring. I'll have to be creative in making dinner just to entertain myself.... this should be interesting.
I would like to add that I sang in church today in celebration of mothers around the world, and let me just say that once again, music touches us in a way that we can't describe. I really love my mother, and especially since I know now how she operates, it's a lot of fun to have her around, not to mention that she's taught me everything I know! Singing with my fellow youth for our mothers just helps us all feel connected with our moms because we know we'll never know how much they really do for us. Mothers are really such a valuable thing in this corrupted world today. We should all bring it back to life, especially because of how much we know they touch our lives. We know we cannot comprehend the things they do for us, and I am honestly eternally grateful. I support the work that they do, and I hope to do it half as well as they do when I'm older. I love you, mom. Keep up the good work. :)
Marvelous! (You DO have a way with words! :)
ReplyDelete