Monday, October 24, 2011

Busy Days!



 
Why do I have a Tangled picture on my blog? Tangled is just cool, that's why. No other reasons needed. It's legit.

Whew!! I have been staying busy, believe me. I'm lucky I have a few minutes to write out a post right now before I finish my homework, eat dinner, have Family Night, and go to my violin lesson before bed. I'll be especially lucky if I get to practice before the lesson with my mom.

In fact, I'm so busy and stressed that I have started getting sick out of nowhere. At first, a couple weeks ago it was sneaking up on me, and I started regularly taking extra Vitamin C, Benedryl, and trying to get enough sleep. I've also been drinking extra fluids, tea, lemon juice; anything that would help. But I wasn't quick enough, and it went away for a while, and then yesterday it just hit me. I'm not completely out of commission yet, but I will be if the meds I've been taking don't take effect soon. I'm kind of frustrated because the end of the quarter is next week, and it's gonna be tough if I'm fighting a cold in the middle of that...

But anyways. Enough venting, now the exciting stuff.

I got over 100% on my Personal Health Quiz, 100% on my Spanish Quiz, and 98% on my AP U.S. History Mid-term. So I'm doing well in school, it's just not good that I'm losing sleep to do so. I need to really figure this out sometime soon..



Also, Heidi turned 19 last Thursday, and we got to talk to her. She had a lot of fun, and loved it. Yesterday we made a chocolate cake in honor of her, and had vanilla ice cream with it. She didn't get any of it, of course, because she's in Idaho, but it was still delicious. Soooo weird that she's in her last official teen year though. I really miss her.

Two weekends ago, I finally got to watch Tangled with my best friends Scott and Gerry. Of course, Gerry loved it, and finally admitted that Scott and I were right to make him watch it (a year later than it came out mind you). My favorite boys ever. They are such dorks, and very weird, but I do love them. I'm glad to have my little family back.

HEY!! We had our Halloween Orchestra concert last Thursday also, and that was a blast. I think we played very well, and had good quality sound, even if we weren't perfect. I loved it. :) Our pieces were fitted to our abilities well, and we made them sound good. We actually had some good dynamics and phrasing, so I was satisfied. Also,  Aaron and other people from North came and got to see us. That was fun... I'll hopefully be able to post pictures later.

I just keep remembering things I have done in the past couple weeks that are so much fun, and exciting!! I had a lot more fun stuff going on than I thought I did...It's good to remember all of the good things in my life. But I'm saving my favorite for the last, so bear with me.

On Friday evening, right when I got home from school, my mom handed me the phone. It was my Aunt, wanting to know if I would like to babysit my cousins while they went to David's football game, and get some extra money to help them clean the house and organize their clothes. I would have to sleep over since they wouldn't be getting back until late, but I could stay up and watch movies if I really wanted to I guess :)
It didn't sound like the ideal thing to do on my only free evening, but I do need money, and I felt good about it, so I did it. But later, I did feel sad when I learned that Luke, Josh, and Sam all came over to watch Groundhog Day AND the Mentalist with my brother, and had a fun evening. It's okay though, I'm really happy to have some extra money again.

On Saturday, a few things happened. First, I spent most of the day doing homework, or lazing about since by that point I was feeling a little sick, and I didn't want to do anything.

Second, the Oklahoma Sooners lost their football game, which was disappointing, and now they are only number 9 in the nation. Sad...but it was bound to happen sometime. I'm still rooting for them heartily over my t.v. set though. Always will. They are my team. :)

Also, we went to the McPhee's to have dinner at an "After-baptism" party for Tony, (the Philippine ?I think? guy) newest member of the Medford 6th ward in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I'm so happy for him! He has a good spirit about him, and I think he will do well.

On a similar note, today I finally got a copy of El Libro de Mormon, courtesy of Brother Hassell. Heidi has inspired me to read it in Spanish, especially since I know it will help me learn it so much faster. I want to be good at it, so this is what I'm doing. I'm really excited.

And, last of all, on Saturday evening, MY NEW STRINGS FINALLY CAME!!! I was so relieved. I have been having such a hard time getting good sounds out of my old ones, and it makes me feel grubby because that's how those strings sound. Now, though, I can play and actually sound amazing without trying!! And, with my new bow from last year newly repaired (hah, funny story), it just made for one happy Missy.  Mom and I put them on together, and stretched them out, then tuned them, and played on them...I couldn't believe the difference. It was incredible. Now I want to keep playing them. I want to get out my violin and just play it, all the time now. It's pretty fun! :) And I'm really happy.

So that's what my days have been like. I'm allowing myself to enjoy the little things, I just need to enjoy them earlier in the day so I'm not going to bed late, and exhaustified all the time. I will get this. It'll come with practice, this is just the learning session so I'll be okay.

Well, I'm signing out for now. I'm really not especially excited for this week, but I'll just plug away at it, and hopefully it will be good. I'm working on patience right now, and I think this would be the time to call on my angels for help. Happy week, everyone! :)

1 comment:

  1. Missy, I love it! :) Good job. It's great to hear about your life and I'm glad you got El libro de Mormon. :)

    ReplyDelete