Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Alabama Adventure

  



As I've said before, my family took a trip to Alabama the week after school got out for a family reunion. We kind of used the reunion as an excuse to go see a lot of places, and have some extra fun in the south. We loved it!!
I love all of the people there, and the accents, and the food, and the trees, and especially the humidity.


Additionally, all of the family we were with we hadn't seen for a long time, and I had forgotten how much I loved them. They were so much fun to be around, and so carefree, and everything went so smoothly. We did a lot of fun things that seemed normal to them, but we all loved it.

We were on the border of Alabama and Georgia, near the Chattahoochee River. My great Uncle Larry's house, which is who we all stayed with, is in a little inlet on Lake Eufaula just ahead of the river.

Then, we drove down to Florida and stayed in a resort on the Gulf of Mexico to experience the joys of a real, warm, sunny beach. It was the perfect vacation, and we all really loved it.


When I went back and looked through the journal I kept throughout the trip, I just couldn't stop smiling because the entries were so full of life, joy, and utter happiness at how much fun I was having. It was almost intoxicating!

Basically, it was just like a dream come true, and it was so surreal, I could hardly handle it. I can't say enough to describe how much I loved it. We'd need some pictures to get any closer, though, and I have tons, so I'll do my best to post them!

Here they are, some pictures depicting only some of the joy and adventure we felt, which I don't think we could have truly captured on camera :)


 
In the airport waiting for the first flight...full of energy, excitement, and anticipation!!

Waiting for the plane home...tan after a week of fun in the sun, tired to the max, frizzy curly hair because of the humidity...and whatever other differences you can see!!
Hysterical difference :)


 
The Houston, Texas Airport

Heidi Ho in Houston!! (with some frozen Yogurt, of course...)

The jungle-y vegetation of the south. 
Oh, how I love it.

 
Sisters on the boat in the sun!!

Cousins, cousins, cousins!! 
That was so much fun :)

 
Me & my daddy just chillin'

Mealtimes... good stuff.

The Reunion Hotel :)
It doesn't look big, but trust me.....it's big

Enjoyin the sandy, warm beaches of Florida with my sister

Waterlogged and sunburned at the resort, but having a blast anyway!

my feets :>

On the pier at Fort Walton Beach

And the grand view from the plane... Florida!

Inner tubing. . .Good times.



Just chillin with Marin Brown, my 4 year old cousin!

Gaterrrs!!! We saw, heard of, ate, and discussed these creatures many times in that week. 

Enjoying yet another amazing meal made by the Moms. 

The Chattahoochee River Lock! 

Heidi and me on the boat. . . again.

Mom water skiing all over the place, making the sunset look good :)

and another one without her. 

Genealogy!!

Bracing ourselves for the bath-water warm beach!!

A beautiful view from the resort.

...And lastly, enjoying the relaxing waves as long as possible. 
We were out there until it was dark, and loving it!! 
From the left, it's Sam, then Me, and then Spencer.

I'll cherish these memories forever!! I know I talk it up with every little thing I do in my life, and make it seem so exciting and dramatic, but this is the ultimate deal. 
This will undoubtedly stay in my memory as "The Best Vacation Ever." :)
Many thanks to Mom & Dad for making it possible!!!



1 comment:

  1. That's great! I love those pictures!! They really capture the moment.

    ReplyDelete